Hybrid: Both Online & on Premise Online & on Premise
& Governance School
MA in Governance
This degree is ideal for:
- Students with first degrees in the political and/or legal sciences.
- Students who desire or require in depth knowledge in key themes related to governance
with a special focus on the EU, for their professional advancement.
1-year taught degree program with a thesis requirement, earning a total of 90 ECTS credits
The MA in Governance is a rigorous academic program combining a strong politics and governance core with a variety of choices including international relations, economics and public policy. Migration, terrorism, climate change, economic stability, and international crime – these are all examples of social challenges that local, national and international organizations in the public sector are facing and trying to manage.
- a broad knowledge basis to prepare them for a future not just in the government or party politics, but also as knowledgeable and able actors in international organizations, the third sector or even private sector.
- an opportunity to study public policy and governance in the context of a political science and international relations program. This setting strengthens the link between policy problems and ongoing social and political developments
Students will be able to analyze social challenges from different perspectives, and understand the different roles, perceptions and interests of relevant actors.
The MA in Governance is a one year taught degree program with a thesis requirement, earning a total of 90 ECTS credits. Courses are led by key theorists and practitioners in their fields, and delivered through classic lectures and interactive tutorials.
Other teaching methodologies
All ELGS academic programs will be conducted in a HYBRID format both online
Students must successfully complete 6 compulsory modules and 2 optional modules, followed by a 15000 word thesis.
All the modules
1. Governance and Public Policy-Making
2. International Institutions and Global Governance
3. European Integration and EU Governance
4. Research Methods for Governance Studies
5. Public Administration and New Public Management
6. Globalization, Regionalism and Global Governance
1. Comparative Politics and Governance
2. Good Governance and the Fight Against Corruption
3. Environmental Governance and Sustainable Development
4. Europeanization: Theory and Practice
*Electives Course availability is subject to adequate enrollment.
Please also note that any module from the curriculum of the LLM in EU Law can be also offered as an elective option to the MA in Governance and versa.
Are invited to apply:
All courses of the program will be taught in the English language. As a result, students originating from non-English speaking countries must evidence their level of English language skills in accordance with the following:
- TOEFL Internet based, 90
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency, Β
- Any other internationally recognized test with equivalent marks.
To apply for a program, students must first review the application form and its requirements to ensure the collection of appropriate material. By the time they have gathered all documentation they should proceed with payment of the onetime application fee either at the relevant online portal or at via a bank transfer. Students should always add their surname, initial letter of their first name and Degree title in the deposit description. They can then proceed with their application which can only be conducted online and submit it along with the supporting documentation, listed below.
All support documents must be in electronic format and uploaded to be sent with the application, except for the 2 reference letters, which should be emailed directly from Referees to MA admissions at email@example.com. Students may be invited to be interviewed.
At a glance, the application must include:
We are currently accepting applications for Session 2022/2023
and the process will remain open until June 30.
Scholarships available - Full and Partial up to 70% of tuition fees
Tuition for both EU and International students for the MA in Governance program is 13.000€.
Please be advised that there are other direct and indirect costs related to attendance, in addition to tuition fees, such as books, supplies, accommodation and living expenses which must be taken into consideration by students when applying.
There are Full and Partial Scholarships are available for students from all over the world and especially from Italy, and specific countries of the Balkan peninsula, Central Asia, Caucasus and Black Sea, or Africa that take into consideration merit. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship, the appropriate box should be selected on the application form and a 400-600 word personal statement must be submitted, outlining the ways in which you satisfy the criteria. For more information on Scholarships please visit the relevant page under Admissions.